The biggest threat to plants and animals world-wide is loss or degradation of habitat. With more than 85% of Wisconsin’s landscape under private ownership, landowners play a key role in helping conserve the beauty and diversity of Wisconsin’s natural heritage for future generations. As a landowner, you can make a difference.
Would you be interested in:
- Creating or improving habitat for plants and wildlife?
- Receiving technical help to improve your property?
- Helping wildlife and plant species, especially rare species?
If so, the Landowner Incentive Program can help.
Technical assistance is available to Wisconsin landowners free of charge, and is not contingent on applying for or receiving a LIP cost-share grant. A LIP biologist can work with you over the phone, email, or possibly even meet with you on your property, technical assistance can include:
- Identifying what habitats (or species) may be present on your land
- Suggesting approaches to management,
- Help in determining priorities and timelines,
- Guidance in developing management plans,
- Referrals for cost or technical assistance, either through LIP or another program
- Providing Information on land protection options
- And more…
LIP is a cost-share program and DNR can reimburse a landowner for up to 75% of the cost for the on-the-ground practices that are involved in the management of the project. The landowner is required to contribute the matching percentage.